Monday, February 6, 2012

Indian Time

I knew that Indian time and US time don't exactly sync up.  8 o'clock means 9 or 10.  But I didn't realize that it could be different days entirely.
 I had a crazy fun adventure tonight with my roomie walking through some semi-slums of Hyderabad trying to find a less expensive way to RS Brothers to pick up my sari for the wedding this weekend.  It was almost like walking through a movie set, it seems so surreal.  Don't worry, don't worry.  We had a guide, one of the nurses (called sisters which I guess is a throw back to the old days when the nurses were nuns) from the hospital rents a room (it's literally a room) somewhere in that area and walked us through the maze down to another main street so that we'd only have to pay 15 rupees instead of 120 rupees to get to the store.  Even with haggling, the first guys wouldn't budge from 120, which is about twice as much as it should cost.
So, the point of the story is that after all that craziness, my sari wasn't even ready!  I was so disappointed and even a little angry. Supposedly it will be ready tomorrow.  I think I'm just going to have to take an Indian friend with me to make sure that I'm not getting swindled.
I know I haven't shared a word of the day in a few days, and I really should get off the bed and pick up my Telegu guide, but I'm just too lazy right now.  And one of these days I'll tell you have clinic is going.  Just not tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment