Thursday, February 23, 2012

No No No, No Exit for You

So today another two girls headed back home.  Amy (my roomie) headed out early this afternoon to head back to Rochester, NY.  Christiane left early evening to head back to her home in Germany.  Only an hour after Amy left it already seemed lonely in my little room.  After dinner, chatting in my room with my next door neighbor, Helen, I heard a knock at the door.  And surprise surprise...it was AMY.  At the airport she made it through customs but not immigration.  Apparently she (we??) were supposed to registrar somewhere within 14 days of arrival.  She (we) didn't because she (we) thought registration was only for visas over 180 days and ours are only for 90 days.  Well, either we were wrong or they messed up at the airport.  Either way Amy arrived back at LVPEI instead of boarding the plane home :(
I was happy to have her back but it's a horrible situation for her to be in.  Right now we don't know when she will be able to get this taken care of and be able to fly home.  We are both heading to the US embassy or the police station or something tomorrow to try to get this figured out (with the help of people from LVP).  I'm honestly not sure if I was supposed to register as well or not.  There are small differences on her visa that hopefully means the same doesn't apply to me.  I'll find out tomorrow.  Plus, Saturday is a Hindu holiday...which means the station will not be open.  So, if things don't get sorted out tomorrow then we can't do anything about it until Monday and then the earliest she could fly home would probably be Tuesday.  I feel awful for Amy and am truly hoping that I don't end up in the same situation.
Girl's night in with ice cream and coke to say goodbye
Cheers.  











After a long frustrating day at the airport all Amy wants is some club soda but it  had other things in mind...like explosions!

No comments:

Post a Comment