Friday, February 3, 2012

Why this Colavari Colavari Colavari di



Mad McRonald air
Where is Ronnie's bindi?


















Who can complain when there is McDonald's around?  This is in the mall across the street from LVPEI.  It has all the comforts of home: a McDonald's, KFC, Subway, and a cinema.  I've actually not frequented any of these places yet but I'm sure I won't make it a whole month without trying at least one of the familiar fast food restaurants from home.  It's always fun to see the differences in the menus between here and home.  As I'm sure you could guess, there will not be any beef on the menu, since cows are protected animals in Hinduism. 

The official language in Andhra Pradash (the state where I am living this month) is Telugu.  I meant to share this earlier, but I've decided to TRY to learn a new word or phrase each day.  I am beginning with some simple words, I'll catch you up:
Feb 1st: Hello/Greetings - Namaskaraam
Feb 2nd: How are you? - Ela unnaaru?
Feb 3rd: What happened? - Emayyindi?

Unfortunately, even if I am able to choke out these simple phrases, it's unlikely that I'd have the slightly chance of understanding the persons' response.  But hey, it never hurts to try!  I'll try to continue to post the word/phrase of the day.  Learn with me!

In case you're curious as to the title of this post, check out this link.  It's so hot right now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT-1b2503DI

No comments:

Post a Comment