Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Cardinal Rules


So if you've ever traveled before you've probably heard the typical advise: don't drink the water, don't get ice, and don't eat from street vendors.  Well, tonight I broke all the rules.  Not really, just one: the street vendor.  Somehow my delicious breakfast (see below) and slightly less delicious lunch did not fill me up today.  Starving at 7pm I decided to try a little coffee and sandwich shop down the road.  Looked nice, seemed nice.  Probably was nice.   But about 15 minutes after I ordered they alerted me to the fact that they didn't have what I ordered. Well, they had the bread, just no hummus.  Starving and now a little desperate I headed back down the road towards the hospital prepared to munch on my protein bar for dinner.  Luckily (or unluckily, I guess I'll find out tomorrow) I ran into two of the short term residents (called fellows here) eating at a road side stand, which of course smelled and looked very tempting.  So I gave in.  And it was amazing!  I'm really hoping that my stomach tolerates it because I'm already looking forward to going back!!


1st Breakfast: Don't ask because I have no clue what I ate

No comments:

Post a Comment