Saturday, February 25, 2012

India's Motto

Today I saw a guy wearing a shirt that I thought fully represented my experience in India:
IF YOU CAN'T CONVINCE THEM, CONFUSE THEM

I'm apparently difficult to convince because I am confused most of the time and today was no exception.  We spent the day trying to get everything together so that Amy can actually leave the country and not stay here indefinitely.  Starting out at the police commissioner's office to get her registered and then on to Emirates which was extremely unhelpful. Things were looking positive as we made it out of the police station before 2pm.  But not so much at Emirates Airlines.  Apparently, there are NO flights out of Hyderabad via Emirates until after March 1st. Poor Amy was going to be stuck here for another week!  Luckily Vidjaya, a woman from LVP, was helping us and got on the line with a travel agent who found Amy a flight out at 7am Saturday morning.  So...I have a roomie for another night!   But if not for Vidjaya poor Amy might have been sticking around for much longer.  We are keeping our fingers crossed that she actually gets to leave tomorrow.  While at the police station I checked about my visa and was assured that I should not have any difficulties leaving the country (whew).

To celebrate out last night in India Amy, Helen, Louise, Emma, and I danced the night away in a little replication of an English pub in Hyderabad.  On a crazy rickshaw ride there with all 5 of us stuffed in the backseat we realize that the driver doesn't actually know where he's going and is just driving down the road.  After a rather long lecture by Amy about how this is considered kidnapping, we finally find someone who can tell him how to get there.  This time it was both Helen and I who were cracking up in the backseat and trying not to detract from Amy's oh so scary monologue.
It was a little cramped!
Left to Right: Emma (with her bum hanging out), Louise (getting crushed by my bum),  me, Helen, and then Amy with her feet dangling about a foot off the floor
Louise and Emma look right at home at 10 Downing St.

Amy and Emma.  Right before Amy drops it like it's hot!

I'm hoping that tonight was the last big adventure and that Saturday and Sunday will be fairly uneventful as I finish packing, run some last minutes errands and start my journey home.

No comments:

Post a Comment